Sunday, December 6, 2009

Prickley Pear Sketch Challenge- Star Ornament

Today I'm sharing with you a star ornament that was made using the sketch from Prickley Pear's December Sketch Challenge. The challenge starts today over on the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Blog, so be sure to head over there to see all the beautiful designs the DT have come up with, and to enter your own project to win a fabulous prize package worth over $60!





When I saw the sketch I thought immediately of making an ornament that could double as a package topper/card. I started off by cutting two larger stars from blue cardstock and sewing them together with silver thread. I left a little bit of space to add some plastic bag stuffing, then finished sewing it shut. The smaller white star was made by embossing white cardstock with snowflakes, then cutting that out and adhering only the middle.

Then I layered an embossed and glittered "Tis The Season" saying from PP, a blue circle with jeweled center, and a glittery feather. Finally, I added a ribbon hanger to the top. This ornament would be a perfect gift in itself, or as a topper for a package. Just add a sentiment to the back and it becomes a heartfelt card.

So I hope you enjoy my project. Be sure to visit the Prickley Pear Blog to see the fabo sketch, and to check out the other awesome projects!

1 comment: